Martin, Lee & Page OBGYN
OBGYNs located in Memphis, TN
Most women associate gynecology with their annual pelvic exam and Pap smear, yet gynecologists do so much more. The physicians at Martin, Lee & Page OBGYN diagnose and treat every type of medical condition and disease that affects women and their reproductive organs. The expert staff welcomes women of all ages from the Memphis, Tennessee, area. Schedule an appointment for preventive gynecologic care by calling the office or using the online booking tool.
Gynecology Q & A
What services are included in gynecologic care?
The physicians at Martin, Lee & Page OBGYN specialize in obstetrics and gynecology. While obstetrics is all about medical care of women during pregnancy and childbirth, gynecology concentrates on the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of issues related to your reproductive health.
The comprehensive gynecologic care available at Martin, Lee & Page OBGYN includes:
- Birth control
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Treatment of gynecologic disorders such as endometriosis and fibroids
- Treatment of incontinence and pelvic floor disorders
- Adolescent gynecology
- Gynecologic surgery, including hysterectomy
- Colposcopy and biopsy of the cervix
- HPV screening and treatment
- Menopause care
- Hormone replacement therapy
Why is a yearly well-woman exam so important?
A well-woman exam is a regular gynecologic checkup that focuses on preventive care. Like other types of preventive checkups, the goal of a well-woman exam is to identify potential problems while they can still be prevented or easily treated.
During a well-woman exam, you receive some or all of the following services:
- Breast exam
- Pelvic exam with Pap smear to screen for cervical cancer
- Blood tests
- Screening for osteoporosis
- Screening for chronic diseases such as diabetes and high blood pressure
- Family planning, including preconception counseling and birth control
- Testing for sexually transmitted diseases
- Diet and nutrition counseling
- Women’s health education
While most women should get a yearly gynecologic checkup, the frequency of your well-woman exam depends on your overall health and whether you’re at a higher risk for gynecologic problems.
When should you seek medical help for a gynecologic problem?
Please don’t hesitate to call the office any time you have a question about your health, but be sure to schedule an appointment if you experience any of these symptoms:
- Bleeding between periods or prolonged, heavier than normal bleeding
- Frequent and urgent need to urinate or burning sensation during urination
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding, especially during or after intercourse
- Pain or pressure in your pelvis that’s not menstrual cramps
- Itching, burning, or soreness in vaginal area
- Sores or lumps in genital area
- Vaginal discharge with unpleasant odor or unusual color
- Pain or discomfort during intercourse
Call Martin, Lee & Page OBGYN or book an appointment online if you’re experiencing any of these issues, or if you’re due for your regular well-woman checkup.
Pregnancy and Prenatal Caremore info
Birth Controlmore info
Abnormal Bleedingmore info
Vaginal Drynessmore info
Vaginal Bleedingmore info
Hormone Replacementmore info
Endometrial Ablationmore info
Pap Smearsmore info
Pelvic Ultrasoundmore info
Family Planningmore info
Pelvic Painmore info
Cancer Preventionmore info
STD Testingmore info
Obagi Medical Skin Caremore info